Jess' Adventures in Brazil

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Goodbye Canada...

I've been putting off writing in here today, but I should. I'm flying tomorrow. I have to leave the house at 8:30 am and I will arrive in Sao Paulo at 10:00 am the next day. As excited as I am, I can't help but feel a little sad as well.

Tonight after the ball game all the girls and I went to Fast Eddies to hang out. We just talked for several hours, about ball, about life, about crazy stuff we've done, whatever. It's really such a great bunch of girls and I'm gonna miss them this season. A few of them I have played with for a lot of years. We exchamged e-mails and MSN, so I will be able to follow along with the season and how they are doing, but it won't be the same. I realize that I can't have it all, obviously. And I'm still super excited about Brazil, but I think I can feel a little sad about leaving as well. I will miss my team, my family, my friends and my AIESECers.

I got an e-mail this morning saying that I will be staying with a new USP member named Isabella. I'm glad to know that things are ready for me when I arrive, and Marthy told me that there's a barbeque on Friday night.

Even though I'm flying tomorrow, it doesn't quite seem real yet. I don't think it will hit me until I get there that I will be living in another country for 4 months. I just hope that when it does hit me, it won't be in a negative way. But I'm a pretty adaptable person, I think, so I should be fine. I've been away from home before, though not this far. But I won't be alone, and I have so many new friends to meet and spend time with. Honestly, I'll probably be too busy to be homesick.

And I'm not gonna sleep tonight either am I....

And so I'll arrive, wearing my red AIESEC Victotia t-shirt, full of excitment and anticipation.

Next post - from Brazil!!

Taken today with my webcam
Will I be different when I come back?

4 Comments:

  • My dear Jess,

    wow, so its happening: You are just starting to explore the crazy world out there!!! I am jealous, cause I know what a great experience it is (even though there might be obstacles on the way) and exited that you took this step! You have come a long way and I love & respect you even more for that (& of course for the sweet person you are!!!). I wish you a wonderful time and I am glad this blog is giving us the chance to keep track of your adventures.

    Be good ;)

    All my love from Germany,
    friends forever,
    Jen :)

    By Blogger Kimchi, at 10:50 p.m.  

  • PS: Are you ok again? I mean can you lift your head????

    By Blogger Kimchi, at 10:50 p.m.  

  • If you post more webcam pictures, you'll be able to flip through them at the end like an animation!

    (I hope your neck is okay. Be healthy!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:58 a.m.  

  • Haha, yes my neck is much better now thanks!

    And Metta, I totally did that! Haha, it was kinda creepy animating myself though :P

    By Blogger Jess, at 8:33 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home