Jess' Adventures in Brazil

Monday, May 01, 2006

Steps Closer

Haven't been up to anything too exciting the last couple days. I went to my highschool and visited my old teachers. I deleted a whole bunch of crap from my computer and copied a bunch of CD overt to put on my MP3 player. I started packing (1.5 suitcases full right now) and did some more odds and ends shopping. I have more appointments this week (it never ends!!!).

I can't believe in less than a week I'll be in Brazil. It seems so surreal, really. I'm feeling pretty confident. I just hope I can make the impact I want to. AIESEC in Brazil has more structure than AIESEC Canada, at least AIESEC Victoria, so I hope I don't come off as knowing nothing because I don't know how their system works. Like for conferences, every LC has a Head Delegate who organizes everything. And they have working group teams and such as well. I think I will learn a lot from them.

And amazingly I know all this stuff because I got an e-mail today from the LCP, Diogo, and I could read most of it! I was so proud of myself, haha. I had to get Jorge to help with a few spots over MSN, but for the most part I understood. Not that I knew all the words... not even close. But I knew enough words and recognized enough others because they were either similar to english or french that I could figure it out. Of course, knowledge of the subject matter always helps, and the fect that it was all about AIESEC stuff gave me an advantage. So my reading comprehension is passable, but speaking and writing and still non-existant.

Tonight I went and played softball again. It was nice. My coach was telling me I should cancel my trip and stay and play, but I told him no such luck. As much as I love playing ball, this is a no-miss opportunity I won't be missing out on.

Less than a week and I'll be in Brazil! Crazy!

1 Comments:

  • Go Jess go! You're going to have so much fun!!!!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:42 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home