Jess' Adventures in Brazil

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Some non-logistical stuff for once.

I've been talking to some more USP members. Doing so has made me realize the magic of AIESEC. Yesterday I talked to one of the USP SNs who is in Romania right now, Vivian. She was so friendly and willing to help! Then today I talked to a new member, Jorge, and he offered to show me around the city and help me with anything I needed. I have never even met these people, but they are automatically my friends. It's amazing. And it makes me super excited!

I also read another two chapters of my portugese book tonight... while watching playoff hockey :P How's that, eh? I wonder if there will be any playoff hockey on in Brazil... you never know!

I also started my Canada presentation tonight. I've done around 25 slides and there's still a lot to cover. I'll glad I'm doing this ahead of time instead of when I'm down there. I'll try to make it as fun and interactive as possible. And I'm putting in lots of pictures. I'll try to work on it some more tomorrow.

Tomorrow night I'm going to play softball for my old team. They are short players right now so I gladly volunteered to fill in!! I'm very happy to play as much as I can before I go! I think I will try to organize some sporting activites while I'm down there.

8 days to go!

1 Comments:

  • Hey Jess! Seems like everything is going just fine... I'm looking forward to read your stories once you're already in Brazil! Have fun preparing in Nanaimo! We'll miss you next week when we're in Toronto and Hamilton for NLDC! :D

    By Blogger emil, at 10:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home