Jess' Adventures in Brazil

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Everything looking up... except me!

Ouch. I played ball again tonight... and we won... but I managed to pull a muscle on my left shoulder. It's one that I've damaged several time before... ironically enough by playing softball. It's not too bad, at least. The first time I did it I couldn't hold my head up for a week, missed school and had to go to three weeks of phisiotherapy. This isn't as serious, but still unfotunate because I can't hold my head quite upright >_<. I just hope it heals before thursday because flying with a head that doesn't stay up doesn't sound like much fun. I guess I'm on a roll, eh? Lost my voice at CIL training and now hurt my neck before I fly :P Ahhh, well. I'll live, even if uncomfortably.

In other news, I set up my webcam tonight and it works. So that's cool. I also talked to my Brazil buddy! Her name is Thays and she seems very nice. I don't think my accomodation is figured out yet, but she told me not to worry. I'm not worried yet, but consodering I need accomodation for friday, I hope they get it sorted out soon. I'll start worrying on Wednesday ;P

Today I also cleaned out my purse, my wallet, my flash drive etc... I also registered with the Canadian embassy in Brazil. You can do it online and it's recommended for people staying abroad for more than three months. It's an online application but you have to go to the embassy (or in my case the consolate) and activate it when you get there. So I have to remember to do that. I'm not sure if the other girls have done this already...or if they will need to. I also made myself a table of addresses and phone numbers in Brazil just in case anything happens. I have all the info for the AIESEC office and a couple of personal numbers just in case. I should probably add the consolate number and address as well.

So now I am to curl up in bed with an ice-pack on my shoulder and my portugese book. Tomorrow is my last appointment, lunch with my old piano teacher and hopefully another trip to my highschool. And of course general "stuff".

So close... and I admit the "worry" is beginning to set in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home