Jess' Adventures in Brazil

Thursday, April 27, 2006

I love AIESEC because...

Over on the Victoria Scope (http://aiesecvictoria.nomadlife.org/2006/04/true-love.aspx) our wonderful alumni Celine posed this simple question:

"Why do you love AIESEC Victoria ? Blog it down.. coz this will be read for YEARS to come !"

So here I go.

I love AIESEC Victoria because this group of people, this organization, has helped me to grow so much. When I first heard about AIESEC, I was very shy and horrible with people. I had a few good friends, but few in Victoria. I was quiet and hesitant to get involved in too many things. AIESEC and the people in it have showed me how much friends mean to each other, how friends can always be there for each other, and how those ties are unbreakable. AIESEC has shown me how to be a leader, has pushed me waaaay out of my comfort zone, but also offered me a ladder with which to bring myself higher to a higher level. In AIESEC you never do anything alone. You challenge yourself, celebrate victories and analyse failures all together. It's a team. AIESEC is where everyone is your friend and you can finally just be yourself. AIESEC has given me the confidence, support and opportunity that I've always saught. And as I have grown, so has my AIESEC. Our LC, our friendships, our membership, our accomplishments, our networks. AIESEC is not perfect just as we the people who are AIESEC are not perfect. But we learn and we grow and we do it together.

And my learning is not finished yet! This CEED will be the start of a whole new type of learning! AIESEC Brazil style!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home