Jess' Adventures in Brazil

Thursday, April 20, 2006

SUMMER!!!

Time for a happier post!

I just finished my last exam today! I am freeeeeeeeee!

Yay, this means I'll be able to dedicate more time to getting ready for my trip and learning portugese. And goofing off and enjoying my little bit of summer before I head back to winter of course!

My visa application hasn't been sent back yet, which means they are reading it! So I take that as a good sign. I'm still hoping it comes back early, but not holding my breath.

I've been amassing questions to ask of the USP members before I go. About credit cards, debit, transportation, CONADE, my computer and other stuff. Next week I have many many appointments with the doctor, travel clinic, optomitrist and dentist. I think that about covers everything :P

Oh and if anyone is interested, we started an LC blog for AIESEC Victoria. You can have a look at it here: http://aiesecvictoria.nomadlife.org/ I hope people continute to write in it over the summer so I can keep track of what's happening in my home LC while I'm gone ^_^

On Sunday I'm leaving Victoria and heading back to Nanaimo. It will be a rather boring three weeks that I have to wait before i fly. But I'm sure I'll find stuff to keep me busy.

It turns out I will be the last one to arrive in Brazil, of the three CEEDers going :P. Haha, I guess that's ok since I will be staying the longest. Too bad Rita and I can't fly together, she's going to meet my LC before I do! I'm jealous! Haha. As long I make it for CONADE I'll be satisfied.

2 Comments:

  • "About credit cards, debit, transportation, CONADE, my computer and other stuff. Next week I have many many appointments with the doctor, travel clinic, optomitrist and dentist."

    ummm, of all this stuff here, I only managed to find out some things regarding conade, transportation and the dentist.

    I completely forgot about the vaccines!! grrrr!

    speaking of which us three should put our heads together and figure out some stuff regarding money management and etc.

    By Blogger Rita, at 9:04 p.m.  

  • Oi Jess!

    Can't wait to see you here in Brasil. So you're discovering inconsistency within the bureaucracy, hey? Welcome to the rest of Brasil!! Btw, if you're staying in Brasil for longer than 90 days, make sure you save some money for legalization which costs about R$110 just so you know.

    Tchau,

    PT

    By Blogger Pei-tien, at 1:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home