Jess' Adventures in Brazil

Friday, August 25, 2006

Softball again!

So I moved again. Haha. I think I am settled now until I go home, but all my stuff in still at Renata's house. I'll have to get it back next week.

But today I went and played softball again!! aeeeee!! It was a practice, not a game, but it was still great to play. Our practices in Nanaimo are usually an hour and a half. This one was 4 hours!! Intense! We did a lot of cardio, and then a lot of fly balls and grounders and such.

At the end we split into two teams to have a little match. We divided everyone by pairing off and then playing rock, paper, scissors. The losers and winners formed the teams. I was a winner. When the team was together, one of the guys was trying to cheer for our team, but he said it with an accent so it sounded like "We are the weiners!!!" haha.

They use an interesting mix of portuguese and japanese in their softball lingo. They call their coach "sensei" (Japanese for teacher - see... I do actually learn things from anime ;) ) And, as I forgot to mention in my previous post about softball, they all line up before the game and bow to each other.

My batting was horrible tonight. I couldn't figure out why for the longest time.... then I realzed I must be bending my knees as I swung. So for my last at bat I made sure to stay standing straight, and I hit a gorgeous bomb....... right to the left fielder. Haha, so I was out but it still felt good.

They have another tournament next weekend but I don't think I will be able to make it. It's on Sunday and we will be doing @ work on Sunday ;)

Ok, now I'm off the the grocery store to buy some food for dinner. As Super informed me, all he has in his house right now is bread, meat and beer. Student house, go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home