Jess' Adventures in Brazil

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Houston, we've made first contact!

Today I got an e-mail from the LCP of my host LC! I was very glad to finally hear from them. He explained they were really busy with recruitment lately, which I totally understand. Here's part of the e-mail:

"We're really excited about your CEED here! I think you'll be able to help us a lot, and you'll definitely learn a lot from your experience!
So, if you want a quick idea of what we'd like you to do, i'd sum up with two main jobs: new member induction and structured learning process. We need someone to coordinate our coach program and stimulate learning on all members, having ILP sessions and learning events in general. "

This sounds awesome! Recruitment and member training are my strongest areas. I love doing training sessions and leading workshops! I'll just have to familiarize myself with what resources they use in Brazil. (Probably not BMO Learning Centre ;) )

He also said they would like to me come as soon as I can. Apparently they are having a mini-conference at the end of April, but my last exam isn't until April 20th and I was hoping to go to NLDC as well. So I'll have to think about it and talk to them some more.

Tomorrow I fly to Toronto for our training session. I'm really looking forward to it, and to meeting all the other CEEDers. Unfortunatly, I've managed to catch the flu today, but hopefully I will be able to shake it before Friday. I want to get as much out of this weekend as I can.

I'll be sure to write about it when I get back, and hopefully I will be a little more coherent ;)

1 Comments:

  • Busy busy jess!!!! I'm glad everything is coming together...and get well soon :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home