Jess' Adventures in Brazil

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Post Rio

On Monday Rita and I slept in because we were pretty exhausted. I had to go to USP for a steering team meeting, so I left Rita with instructions on how to get around on her own for the morning. I met up with her in the afternoon and we wandered around Sé for a while. Then we walked to Liberdade, which is a lot closer than I had imagined. Rita was in heaven with all the Chinese and Japanese food they had there. She bought some things at the market and then we went for Japanese food, which was quite good. She made me try yellow cucumber, which I liked. Ordering was interesting though, because the menu was is Japanese and Portuguese and Rita could speak Mandarin, Cantonese, English and French. Haha, and I was no help. But we managed to get what we wanted. Then we met up with Diogo and a friend of his who lives in Canada and went to hang out in Vila Madalena. The waiter brought around glasses of dark brown liquid. 'What could this be' I wondered? Chocolate? Liquor? But of course, I forgot I was in BRAZIL. So what was it? ......Beans.

Mmmm... Japanese food... in poor lighting

Today we slept in again…. Ahhh sooo nice… and then headed down the Azul [blue] line to Vila Mariana to meet up with Lucy, the MCVP Exchange (National Team for AIESEC Brazil). We had lunch with her and then headed to São Judas where Rita headed off to the airport. I headed home to sort out my courses. Tonight I have a bunch of @ work to do and then tomorrow is back to the office as normal.

I think I am feeling confident enough to start exploring the city more now. I know where more things are and I bought a map to help me get around. I want to get out of the office more and see the city. Right now it’s difficult because the @ers have exams, so they are all busy studying (except Diogo because his faculty is on strike). But after exams hopefully we can organize a bunch of fun activities. I have a couple in the works already.

I have managed to get myself working on a lot of different things. I really want to get something FINISHED because it seems like I have so many projects to do:

· Infastucture team leader

· Education Learning Circle member

· Steering team member

· Corporate Responsibility PBoX advisor

· Making member evaluations

· Doing a CEED application

· Organizing acceptance speeches

· Planning events

And a bunch of little things!

So I will be kept very busy for the next little while!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home